Want to get involved with the League of Women Voters of St. Paul? We are an all-volunteer organization. Here are some of the ways you can use your skills and help Make Democracy Work!
To volunteer, join the board, or find the right opportunity for you, please email email@example.com.
- Register New Voters (one-time or ongoing opportunity). Our voter registration drives are successful because of our dedicated volunteers! If you are interested in being notified about upcoming voter registration drives, please email LWVSP Co-President, Amy Perna (firstname.lastname@example.org]) to be added to our volunteer list. We also post blogs about upcoming registration drives and volunteer needs.
- Join our Program Planning Committee. Many tasks go into planning our regular events, including: identifying topics, speakers and locations; creating marketing materials and notifying press about upcoming events; coordinating event details with speakers; and picking up materials for events. Having a dedicated committee helps to make our events a success ... and each volunteer can help in small or big ways. To join the committee or learn more, please contact LWVSP Program Chair, Claudia Dieter (email@example.com).
- Join our Voter Service Team. Voter engagement, registration and education is at the core of LWVSP's mission. Join our voter service efforts and volunteer for candidate forums and other voter education efforts by emailing Voter Service Chair/Vice President Hayden Kilkenny (firstname.lastname@example.org). We also have a targeted youth engagement effort focused on registering high school and college level students. Email Dan Krivit (email@example.com) to volunteer for the Youth Vote Team.
- Join our Communications Committee. The League has a need for many communications and marketing pieces each month. Our committee members can help with writing and sending out press releases, writing blogs and event details, creating flyers or other marketing pieces, building newsletters, monitoring and creating social media posts, and more. Committee members do not need to do everything, but can choose to help out in one way, or in many. Training is also available for those who want to help, but may need some experience. Email LWVSP Co-President, Amy Mino (firstname.lastname@example.org) to learn more or join.
- Join our Membership Committee. Recruiting and engaging new and existing members of LWVSP is an ongoing task of the League. If you are excited about planning member events, recruiting new members, or have ideas for the membership component of the League, consider the Membership Committee! To join the committee or learn more, please contact LWVSP Board Member, Morgan Croft-Schornak (email@example.com).
- Become an Observer Corps Member (one-time or ongoing opportunity).
*Photo via Flickr, Tony Webster