Want to get involved with the League of Women Voters of St. Paul? We are an all-volunteer organization. Here are some of the ways you can use your skills and help empower voters and defend democracy!
- Join our Program Planning Committee. Many tasks go into planning our regular events, including: identifying topics, speakers and locations; creating marketing materials and notifying press about upcoming events; coordinating event details with speakers; and picking up materials for events. Having a dedicated committee helps to make our events a success ... and each volunteer can help in small or big ways. To join the committee or learn more, please contact LWVSP Program Co-Chairs, Beatrice Owen and Cheryl Bailey (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Join our Voter Service Committee. Voter engagement, registration and education is at the core of LWVSP's mission. Join our voter service efforts and volunteer for candidate forums and other voter education efforts by emailing Voter Service Co-Chairs Joann Ellis and Pam Mercier (email@example.com).
- Register Voters.
Our voter registration drives are successful because of our dedicated
volunteers! Please email LWVSP Voter Service Co-Chairs at the email address above to be added to our volunteer list.
- We also have our Youth Vote Team, a targeted youth engagement effort focused on registering high school and college level students. Email Lia Pak and Grace Reardon (firstname.lastname@example.org) to volunteer.
- Join our Communications Committee. The League has a need for many communications and marketing pieces each month. Our committee members can help with writing and sending out press releases, writing blogs and event details, creating flyers or other marketing pieces, building newsletters, monitoring and creating social media posts, and more. Committee members do not need to do everything, but can choose to help out in one way, or in many. Training is also available for those who want to help, but may need some experience. Email Amy Mino (email@example.com) to learn more or join.
- Become an Observer Corps Member (one-time or ongoing opportunity).
Otherwise, to volunteer, join the board, or find the right opportunity for you, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Photo via Flickr, Tony Webster